Helpful Tip #1: Need Laundry Quarters?
Unfortunately Brown won’t be letting us put money on our cards for laundry via online methods until next semester. Thus, unless you want to scour campus for a rare working CDC machine, you’re using quarters. Here are some methods for getting quarters, if you’re all out.
- Go to Nice Slice. Most of the stores on Thayer are unwilling to change dollars to quarters, but for some reason Nice Slice will.
- Try the Campus Market or one of the other places with student cashiers during a slow time. If they have quarters, they’ll probably be willing to change your smaller coins or dollars for you. Extra likely if you’re friends with cashier.
- If you have a decent bank that doesn’t charge you for in-person transactions (if you have the e-banking account with Bank of America, you will be charge for this), they’ll let you take out rolls of quarters instead of dollars.
- Sometimes messing around with the vending machines outside the Vdub and in campus center will allow you to put in a dollar, ask for change, and receive quarters. Never try this in Keeney. The machines eat your money.
- Beg, borrow, and scrounge: friends may have some and if you spend enough time looking at the ground, a quarter is sure to show up.